Quinoa salad with Avocados


Saw this recipe on Pinterest and I actually kept it for a while before I dared to try it. The original recipe was from The Gracious Pantry and I must say, it really is a very refreshing salad. I loved it, but the hubby? not as much.

Ingredients (for 4)
  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa (Cook as per package instructions or 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups water and then left to cool.)
  • 1/3 pack of cherry tomatoes, halved (probably about 10-15 tomatoes)
  • 2 bunches of fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 medium sized avocado, cut into small chunks
  • 1 small shallot, chopped (original recipe called for onion powder)
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
  • Juice of 2 limes (I used Tahitian limes)
  • Salt to taste
Method
  • Simply toss everything together and serve! 
Note to self: 1 cup uncooked quinoa cooks to become a huge bowlful of quinoa!

Comments